Sunday, May 10, 2015

Big Shoes to Fill

Pin It Now!



I don't know what it is about babies wanting to slip on their parents' shoes, but it's so stinkin' cute to watch them hobble across the floor without losing their balance. Trying to walk in my mother's too-big shoes, and even on the wrong feet for goodness' sake, wasn't exactly easy.

My mom's shoes aren't so big anymore, in fact, they're almost 3 sizes too small for my big ol' feet. But, wow, I had no idea just how difficult it'd be to figuratively fill her shoes.

I've been so blessed to have been a mommy now for almost 16 years. Besides my wedding day, the 3 happiest days of my life are August 12, January 12, and June 22. Being a mom has been one of the greatest joys of my life, but some days are really hard. Over the years, I've often thought, If I can be half the mom that my mom was, I will have succeeded.

I never doubted my mom's love for me, and that's something I'm extremely grateful for. I truly hope that my children never doubt my love for them, and my prayer is that their love for me will cover all my flaws, or multitude of sins, as 1 Peter 4:8 puts it.

I love my mom and am feeling blessed to live so close to her now. I love my kids and am so blessed to be able to spend my days with them. Thanks, mom, for being such a wonderful, loving example of what it means to be an awesome mom!

~Happy Mother's Day~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...