The other night after wrapping a few "fake" presents to put under the tree for decoration, I surveyed the mess that I had made and decided to get crafty before stowing it back under my bed. An image that I had seen on Pinterest came to mind. I hadn't clicked on it or anything, just remembered seeing it in my feed. I did a quick search on Pinterest, and this is what I found. (In case you wanted to check it out for yourself - lots of cute ideas!)
I still didn't actually click on any of the images because I didn't want to take the time to read instructions, so here's what I used:
- Canvas that I already had handy
- Several different styles of wrapping paper
- Clear tape
- Elmer's glue and mod podge
- Bow (for the star)
- Crumpled brown packing paper that came from a package (for trunk)
- Piece of wide burlap ribbon (for trunk)
- I cut different sized pieces of wrapping paper, rolled them up, and put small pieces of tape on the seams.
- I arranged the wrapping paper tubes on my canvas, starting with the biggest on the bottom. I trimmed any edges as necessary.
- Once I was happy with my arrangement, I glued the wrapping paper tubes to the canvas, applying the glue to the seam sides. Leave room for a star or a bow!
- Glue a bow or a star to the top of the tree.
- I used burlap for my tree trunk with brown paper behind it so the white canvas didn't show through. I used mod podge to glue the burlap to the brown paper.
And I love how it goes perfectly with my entry way Christmas tree!
Linked to WFMW, Mommy Monday Blog Hop