Thursday, November 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday ~ Christmas Card Photo Fails

Pin It Now!

I've taken a bit of a bloggy break. I will explain why in my next post, but I wanted to break my bloggy fast with something lighthearted and funny ~ CHRISTMAS CARD PHOTO FAILS.

As I've been going through all of our closets this week searching for clothes for my family to wear for our Christmas photo shoot this year, I couldn't help reminiscing about past Christmas card photos and what a chore it used to be to get all 3 kids to cooperate!!

We've always tried to send out Christmas cards (I love doing it!), but we skipped some years when the budget was way too tight. Lots of years we just snapped our own photo using the nifty timer button. Daddy would always have to rush to squeeze into the photo. Some years I actually took the kids to the ever-so-fancy JC Penney. One year, a few years ago, we hired a friend to take my longed-for-train-track family photo. Pictures turned out beautifully, however, the Christmas cards we ordered turned out too dark. Consequently, I didn't send out the cards that year. :( Thankfully, the online photo printing company refunded our money! No years have I been able to go out and buy new outfits for everybody. Do people really do that???

Anyway, for your enjoyment, here are a few pictures that didn't make the Christmas card photo cut . . .


Our 2008 Christmas photo shoot - yes, this is one we pulled off ourselves in case it wasn't obvious. ;)


Not quite working. Shiloh's really having a hard time.


Maybe a change of scenery will help? Okay, no. Mom is most likely getting a tad frustrated by now.

 
Oh, wonderful. Someone just bonked mom in the head. Thanks to the timer on the camera, it's a forever memory now. This one just makes me laugh!
 

This is the one we ended up going with. It was the best out of all the ones we took. And I didn't even post them all.


This was our 2007 photo shoot - again, we attempted to do it entirely on our own. I figured it was better than nothing. Lincoln's peek-a-boo shirt, Mullin's squint, and Shiloh's eye scratching weren't exactly the looks we had in mind.


Oh good. Lincoln's shirt is fixed, but now his face isn't quite right. And Shiloh moved her hand from her eyes to her nose. Oh brother.



I know all you mommas can relate to the stress joy of Christmas card photo shoots, right?


After much toil and tribulation, we had to settle on this one. That was the best we were getting from a 2-year-old. *sigh*

Well, this year I can't wait for our photo shoot! It's going to be so fun!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...