This recipe is NOT for those who are afraid of cheese! I was introduced to this recipe over 15 years ago when I was a nanny for 3 adorable kids, and I have been making it at least once or twice a year ever since. It sure satisfies that cheesy Mexican craving, and my family really likes that the recipe calls for flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas. Try it. It's YUMMY!
Super Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Here's what you'll need:
- About 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (measurement doesn't have to be exact)
- 4 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 pints sour cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small cans diced jalapeño peppers (use more if you like it hotter)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups salsa
- 10-12 flour tortillas, soft taco size
Here's what you'll do:
- Mix together chicken, Monterey jack cheese, sour cream, onion, and jalapeños.
- Fill and roll up 10-12 tortillas by dividing mixture evenly between each tortilla. (Last time I made these, I got 11 tortillas out of it)
- Place rolled-up tortillas in two 9x13 pans
- Mix together heavy cream and salsa and pour over tortillas. About 2 cups mixture for each pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top - 2 cups per pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes
Linked to Try a New Recipe Tuesday and Works for Me Wednesday