This is definitely my favorite soup to make in the fall, and it's usually the first one I make during the autumn season. :)
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 package of chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (4 large)
- 6 cups chicken broth (I use 3 cans)
- 2 16 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 2 16 oz. cans of stewed or diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small cans of green chilies
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Fritos or thin, crunchy tortilla strips
Cook chicken and shred the meat. Add all ingredients to crock pot including seasonings (I am pretty generous with them) and cook on low heat for 8-12 hours. Top with cheese and Fritos or tortilla chips if you'd like. Fritos become soggy pretty quickly, so don't add until right before you dig in!
So yummy and easy to make! Lasts us (family of 5) at least 2 nights. :)
*Linked to Try a New Recipe Tuesday and WFMW.