Friday, August 02, 2013

T is for Toothbrush Cleaning Tips

Pin It Now!


Blogging Through the AlphabetJust barely getting my T post in . . . whew, the first week back to homeschooling has my stress levels soaring to the moon. First week back to school triumphs and tragedies post coming soon, but first I will share a few TOOTHBRUSH CLEANING TIPS!

I don't know about you, but the thought of using the same toothbrush for a month or two really grosses me out. Bleh. Here's what I do to lessen the gross factor: I disinfect toothbrushes each time I clean bathrooms which happens about once a week. (Mostly) Oh, and I also try to remember to  clean our toothbrushes after being sick.

I use several different methods though not all on the same day. I usually choose a different method each time I clean my family's toothbrushes. Don't ask why, I just do. ;)



  • Pour boiling water over toothbrushes.
  • Soak toothbrushes in hydrogen peroxide.
  • Soak toothbrushes in an essential oil and water mixture. I usually use Thieves® - just a few drops of oil in a small Dixie cup filled about 1/2 way with water. 
  • Wash toothbrushes with soap and water. I just use the clear hand soap on the bathroom sink.

These are all of the methods that I have used and continue to use. I have also heard of people putting their toothbrushes in the dishwasher, but I haven't ever tried that. Of course I haven't proved that my methods are scientific or anything, but it does make me feel a little bit better. :)

How do you disinfect your toothbrush?

1 comment:

kewkew said...

I have wondered what is the best way to clean a toothbrush. I will have to try these ideas, though I don't have any essential oil, so I will have to skip that one.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing with Throwback Thursday Blog-Style. I can't wait to see what you share this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...