Three out of four seasons in the AZ desert, I make smoothies. While I don't make them everyday, I guess I make them often enough for my kids to encourage me to open up a smoothie shop. Doing that doesn't appeal to me in the least, but the fact that my kids think my smoothies are THAT good makes me feel pretty special in a motherly/homemaking sort of way!! My kids can be so sweet sometimes. :)
While I whipped up this smoothie the other day, my daughter rushed upstairs to grab a piece of paper so she could write down all the ingredients. I'd say we're a great smoothie-making team!
Berry Lemonade Smoothie
- 1 banana (frozen is best)
- 2 cups frozen berries (we used strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt ( we used the regular not low fat Mountain High brand)
- Santa Cruz Strawberry Lemonade
- Ice Cubes
- Add fruit and yogurt to blender.
- Fill blender up to the number 5 with Strawberry Lemonade. (If your blender doesn't have number of cups listed, then I'd say you need about 4 cups of liquid.)
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice if needed. I wait until the end to see if I need to add ice to thicken. For this smoothie, I added 6 ice cubes to achieve desired consistency.
*All of my kids approved the Berry Lemonade smoothie! Oh, and I did, too. :)
**I am including this recipe as part of the Schoolhouse Review Crew Blog Cruise: Too Hot to Cook Recipes - hop on over and see what other members are "not" cooking!
Also linked to: Tasty Tuesday, Try a New Recipe Tuesday, Works for Me Wednesday