Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Refreshing Homemade Lemonade

Pin It Now!



It's already warm where I live - it's already hit 90° a couple of times. On hot days I dream of sipping freshly made lemonade. I wish I could have a constant supply in the fridge, but that would get expensive unless I owned a gigantic lemon tree. Maybe someday. *sigh*

I've made lemonade once already, and I know I'll make it lots more this summer. I've tried several recipes, and this one's my favorite, though I can't remember from where I got it.

Homemade Lemonade

Ingredients

* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (takes about 6 lemons - depends on size, though)
* 3-4 more cups cold water

Directions

In a saucepan stir together the one cup of water and one cup of sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into a pitcher. Stir in lemon juice and 3-4 cups of water. I usually stir in about 3 1/2 cups. Since this only makes about 50 oz. or so, I like to double it when I have enough lemons. :)

Linked to: Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Try a New Recipe Tuesday, Works for me Wednesday

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

This looks so delicious and refreshing! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I hope you will be able to join us again this week. Many blessings, Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...