Friday, March 15, 2013

Naturally Dyed Green Frosting

Pin It Now!


 
I liked the way my "beet" frosting turned out last year, so I thought I'd try to make some natural green frosting with spinach. Sounds gross, I know, but you really can't tell. My kids ate it right up!


 
Recipe for naturally dyed green frosting:
 
* 4 cups powdered sugar
* 1 stick butter, softened
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 Tbsp. spinach juice (I juiced spinach in my juicer)
* 3 Tbsp. of milk, more or less depending on how thick you want your frosting to be.
 
Beat butter on med./high speed for about 30 seconds. Add vanilla. Beat in 1 cup of the powdered sugar. After that, alternate with the liquids and powdered sugar. Beat until nice and fluffy. :)
 

 
This frosting is perfect for St. Patrick's Day cupcakes! I know, I kind of ruined the whole natural thing when I added the Lucky Charms marshmallow on top, but how cute, huh? Just so you know, this is the first time my kids have ever seen Lucky Charms in this house!!

 
Oh boy, and then I let my daughter decorate a few with a bunch of Lucky Charms. ;) All because I saw it on . . . any guesses? PINTEREST, of course. Click the link, the photos are much better than mine!

1 comment:

Michele said...

We work hard to stay away from dyes...love this idea! (Minus the lucky charms, heehee). Thanks for the recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...