I recently finished working on a frame collage for our living room wall. As I was working on it, I decided I wanted to add a wall letter for our family's last name. I was running out of money, so I braved my crafty side.
Here's what I did:
- I found a very inexpensive (under $3, I think) cardboard letter T at Hobby Lobby.
- I picked out some scrapbook paper that I already had.
- I traced the cardboard T onto the scrapbook paper and cut it out.
- I cut out more strips of paper for the sides of the T as well.
- I used Matte finish Modge Podge (also already had) to glue the scrapbook paper onto the T.
I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Up close you can see a couple of tiny wrinkles but far away it looks just fine. I like it. :)
Because my last name begins with a T, it was fairly easy to glue strips of paper to the sides. For more complicated letters, it might work better to spray paint the letter and then add scrapbook paper. Or, you could leave the sides alone for a more rustic look perhaps?
What my arrangement looked like on the floor before it went up on the wall. Not revealing what it looks like on the wall yet since I may move some things around. And I still need to put the family pictures in the frames!
Linked to WFMW