Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Amazing Avocado Dip

Pin It Now!

Why is it always so difficult to get kids to eat green stuff??

Mullin has been the least picky of all our dear children. Goodness, Lincoln and Shiloh have been so picky about what goes into their bellies. I used to stir vegetable powder into Lincoln's yogurt when he was a toddler. Recently I "hid" smashed avocado in Shiloh's turkey and cheese sandwich, and she ate it!! I know technically avocados aren't vegetables, but at least they are GREEN!

Speaking of avocados, here is a delicious recipe for some dip.

Amazing Avocado Dip

*1 avocado
*2 tsp. fresh lime juice
*1/2 c. fresh, chopped cilantro
*1/4 c. chopped, red onion
*2 tsp. minced garlic cloves
*1/4 tsp. salt



Tips: I use Garden of Eatin' Black Bean chips and Garden of Eatin' Blue Corn chips to go with this sensational dip. I also add a bit more salt to taste. :)


This stuff is so yummy, and healthy, too!!

**For a plentiful amount, you will probably want to triple or even quadruple this recipe.

Thanks to Staci for sharing this recipe with me!

*Updated to include photo  (Originally posted a few years ago.)

Linked to Try New Recipe Tuesday

3 comments:

Staci said...

Thanks for sharing this so I can just link to your post instead of typing it out!!! :)

not up to code said...

I started my babies on smashed avacodos right after rice cereal. Emma wouldn't eat bananas but would devour avacados. They have lots of omega-3s!

Lisa Boyle said...

This looks SO good! I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing it at "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I hope you will be able to join us again next week! Many blessings, Lisa :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...