Wednesday, May 16, 2012

DIY Army Base - Great Summer Project for Boys

Pin It Now!


When I'm trimming trees, pulling weeds, or watering my garden, I always smile when I find a half-buried, faded, beat-up army man.

Remains of days gone by. (Cue tears)

In that moment, that breath of nostalgia, I can almost hear my boys' little voices mimicking war cries, tank explosions, and the fire of gunshots.

It might not be music to every mother's ears, but I have boys. And I have learned that boys play differently than girls!

Even though my boys are a little bit older now (10 & 12), there's been a resurgence of army man action lately, and they came up with a great idea - Make Your Own Army Base.

What you will need:

  • cardboard drink holders from Starbucks, fast food joint, etc.
  • paint - they used leftover ceramic paint from their sister's art supplies (I would recommend a non-washable type of paint.)
  • army man toys - love that they are so cheap!

What you will do: turn drink holder upside down and paint as you wish. Let dry. Play!



My oldest went with a traditional camouflage look, while my youngest decided on an arctic scene. Went nicely with his newly painted blue desk. :)


My boys had fun, and maybe yours will, too!

Check out other great tips at We are THAT Family. Mommy Monday Blog Hop

2 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

My kids would love this idea! Very creative!! Thanks for stopping by our blog!!

Unknown said...

When I lived in California, I had much interest in air force bases in california. It's enormous, beautiful, decorative, very active and has great kind of resources to train. Visit this now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...