Monday, March 26, 2012

Back in the Game Parenting

Pin It Now! I've been feeling like a "dud" of a parent lately. Even today - daughter shed tears over her Grammar lesson and middle son shared his displeasure over what I was serving for lunch. *sigh* My oldest, well, he's currently in puberty's grip, so I never know what the day will bring. Can I get a moment of silence over that last one?


Thank you.  :)


A few days ago, I was looking at pictures of my 4-year-old nephew's birthday party that my brother had posted on facebook, and when I got to these two photos, I had one of those ahh-yes-that's-exactly-it moments. The photos and my brother's captions mirrored exactly how I've been feeling as a parent lately!

One of my 5-year-old twin nephews, Easton's brother, blew out Easton's birthday candles - a serious offense in a 4-year-old's world!


Here's what my brother wrote:

Yes, Ryan blew out Easton's candles and he started crying and yes that's me rolling my eyes saying "oh gosh here we go"

Ugh, how many times a day do I do the same thing - sigh, roll my eyes, and think, Oh gosh here we go?

I love what he says here, though:

Daddy's back in the game consoling Easton

Back in the game

Love it.

My brother didn't throw his hands up in the air and stomp out of the restaurant. I think this photo is a wonderful illustration of good parenting. We, as parents, won't always get it right. We will get exasperated by our children's annoying behavior, which usually - at least for me - leads to much sighing and eye rolling.

But . . . we have a choice. We don't have to stay there. There's hope and the day, the situation can be redeemed by getting back in the game! And in my opinion, the sooner the better. :)

And truly I need Jesus to help me do this because, let's face it, some days I sit on my bed staring at my rustic armoire wishing it were a secret entrance to a fantastic world where I could sneak away to be queen and be friends with dragons and unicorns.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...