Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Easy, Delicious, Southwestern Black Bean Soup

Pin It Now!



I made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and hit was a huge hit! Five out of five people in my family loved it. I found the original recipe here.

Southwestern Black Bean Soup

  • 1 TBSP olive oil
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 TBSP chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 2 15 ounce cans black beans
  • 3 cups of water
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 TBSP lime juice
  • Sour cream
  • Cilantro
*Heat oil. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin and cook 1 minute more. Add all the rest except lime, sour cream, and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Transfer 1/2 soup to blender and blend. Stir back into pan. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.

**I doubled the recipe for my family. (The above recipe is not doubled) The cilantro really adds nice flavor. :) I just love it when new recipes are received with much enthusiasm. We will be having this again soon!

Linked to Tasty Tuesday

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...