Sunday, November 14, 2010

This Time of Year

Pin It Now! This is the time of year that often leaves me feeling overwhelmed, giddy, stressed-to-the-max, thankful, HAPPY, depressed, and excited all in the same moment.

Can anyone relate?

I LOVE this time of year. And I dread this time of year.

I love Thanksgiving and pondering all the things for which I am thankful. I love the turkey, casseroles, and homemade cranberry sauce. I love family get-togethers.

And I really love Christmas! Decorating and reliving memories warms my heart. Baking makes my tummy smile, and Christmas music makes my ears smile! Candles, cinnamon, tinkling bells, pretty bows, sparkly ornaments . . . I love it all.

Sometimes I feel a bit guilty in the midst of the holiday season. The Christ child came to bring me peace, and I can become easily stressed by the little things.

I tend to stress over making sure everything is just right. I can get upset that we don't all have nice, new "Christmas-picture-worthy-clothes", or that we can't buy everyone really great Christmas gifts. The list goes on and on. I have been much better this year, though, and as soon as I felt that spirit of discontent trying to find room in my heart, I put up a fight. And I will continue to fight because the holiday season isn't about stuff!! It's about Jesus.

Father, may my home be a cheerful, peaceful place as we celebrate and remember your miraculous birth. May love and mercy lead, and help me not to stress over money, presents, decorations, treats, and so on. (All very wonderful, yet very worldly things.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...