Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Candy Countdown

Pin It Now!
CANDY COUNTDOWNS work for us!


Well, this will be the first year to totally forgo the Christmas chain countdown. I have tried to keep it as a countdown, but ever since I introduced the Hershey Kiss Tree Countdown, the chain kinda lost some popularity.

So . . . this is the first year that all of my kids have their very own candy countdown. And to make it even more special, I let them be creative. (Meaning they didn't have to do a tree shape.)


Lincoln made a wreath, Shiloh (I helped) a tree, and Mullin an ornament. No, it isn't a cherry bomb!

To make a Candy Countdown you will need:

  • 24-25 pieces of wrapped candy--doesn't have to be Hershey Kisses. (I say 25 because in order to make a tree, you need 25.)
  • sturdy piece of construction paper--I used Creative Memories paper which feels more like card stock
  • glue--the white runny kind (not a glue stick)

What you will do:

  • arrange candy pieces into desired shape--Christmas trees are my favorite. :)
  • dab glue drop onto bottom of candy in wrapper and place back down on paper.
  • let dry completely
  • hang on fridge with magnets or hang on cork board etc.

**If you choose to create a Christmas tree, you will need 25 pieces and 8 rows of candy. First row, 1 piece, second row 2 pieces and so on, except for the last 2 rows. Last 2 rows are the base of the tree and only need 2 pieces each. (As shown in above picture. Also trees look really nice when the "star" is red, the tree part green and the base silver--but that is just my preference.)

So, obviously if you make a countdown with 25 pieces, you will have to start it on Nov. 30th instead of Dec. 1st. My kids don't seem to mind a bit!!

How do you countdown to Christmas?

***For more tips, visit We are THAT Family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...