Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bear Canyon Lake

Pin It Now! Our one day, Sunday getaway to Bear Canyon Lake.

We started off our morning with breakfast at IHOP, which was so yummy! I haven't eaten breakfast out in ages. That garage sale money sure came in handy. :)

It is amazing that in just a couple of hours the desert just disappears. How refreshing to "feel" fall in October!!


Beautiful scenery. The bathrooms at this place weren't so beautiful. I was mortified, actually, that I had to pee in a toilet that was just a hole. Bleh. And nowhere to wash hands. Ugh, it was gross. I successfully moved on and put it out of my mind, though. :)

The lake was so serene. The kids enjoyed the rocky hike to get there. I was just glad there were no slips or other catastrophes!







Picnic in the woods. I'd forgotten what forest smelled like. Mmmm, so calming--wish I could bottle it and take it home!!





The changing of the leaves wasn't consistent throughout, but towards the end of our drive we saw some pretty colors. Hey, we'll take what we can get!!

Sticks always instantly become light-sabers, swords--some kind of weapon.



Bye autumn foliage. You'll be missed. As I post this, it is 102 degrees in the desert. Ugh. At least the mornings are around 65 degrees~just trying to stay positive!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...