Saturday, September 11, 2010

9 Years Ago . . .

Pin It Now! I was a young mom with a toddler and one on the way. Hopes, dreams and a bright future filled my thoughts as I was beginning my journey into motherhood. Life was good.

My 2 year old was watching Veggie Tales as I was getting ready for the day when one phone call suddenly made my heart stop. I rarely ever turned on the news, but that day I was glued to the TV and wondered in what kind of America--in what kind of world--would I be raising my children?

Well, I am just one person, and I can't do very much on my own. But I can teach my children to love their neighbors as themselves (yes, even the ones who play their music too loud, the ones who leave empty beer bottles in our yard, the ones who throw f-bombs around all the neighborhood kids, the ones who let their dogs bark ALL stinkin' night . . . ), to consider others' interests above their own, and to even love their enemies.

Loving isn't always easy, but I hope that I am being a better example than not.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...