Wednesday, April 07, 2010

WFMW: Save Money at Starbucks

Pin It Now!
As if you really could "save" money at Starbucks. I guess my tip is more of a don't-spend-as-much-money-at-Starbucks tip.



I am not even a coffee drinker, but oh, how I have developed a passion for Green Tea Frappuchinos!!!! Sometimes it's fun to treat the kids to one as well, but like I said, they're not CHEAP!!



So, instead of ordering each kid and myself a separate tall, which would be around $15.20, I order 2 venti-sized fraps. Total--$9.90. A savings of $5.30!



All I do is ask for 2 extra tall cups please. And you know what? Because Starbucks has such amazing service, at most places I don't even have to do the pouring. A kind associate usually pours equal amounts into all the cups and then even asks my children if they want whip with that!!



Yes, that means we only get to pick 2 flavors, but my kids understand that it's either that or nothing. =) And it's a rare treat, too, like yesterday when it was just a me and Shiloh day.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In honor of WFMW's Greatest Tips Edition, here are some oldies but goodies.

*Couscous for lunch

*Healthy, Homemade Salad Dressing

*My favorite movie review site

For more greatest edition tips visit We are THAT Family.


image credit

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Great tip--and they really do go out of their way to be helpful at Starbucks!

The Lenzers said...

great idea. i occassionaly love a frap myself....thank goodness i am not a coffee drinker, crazy money!

Home Cooking Memories said...

That is such a great idea! I even just asked my Starbucks-working daughter and she says that she's had a couple people do this. Never thought of doing this.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

that is a good idea--bigger sizes are more economical, but so much sugar unless you're sharing:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...