Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bloggy Backsliding

Pin It Now! Yes, that's right. My blog *yawn* has been overwhelmingly boring as of late.

Not that it's ever been amazingly dynamic or anything.

I had BIG plans (well, not too big) for my blog come 2010.

For starters, I wanted to post consistently and frequently. (Scratch that already) I'd thought of a couple of weekly posts~you know like Works for Me Wednesday except different. One of those weekly spotlights was going to be SAHM Wise--it's on my nifty, new navigation bar and everything. (Yeah, as you can tell, haven't gotten around to that either.)

ONE of my goals has been achieved, though, but I can't take a lick of credit for it. The acknowledgement of my new blog design is WAY overdue. Thanks to Jen it's autumn all year round at Autumnfawn Lane.

It's kinda neat how we met, too. I met Jen's sister, Amy, (in the pink jacket) in bloggy land b/c she was looking for other home schoolers in our area. Amy and I met, became friends and I joined her home school group.

Jen, Amy's sister, (brown jacket) happened to know a bit about HTML and all that computer stuff, so not having ever met, she offered to change my blog for me. SO SWEET!!!!

Over Christmas, I had the chance to meet Jen in person when she came to visit her sister, Amy. I had a great time getting to know her at The Paradise Bakery. :) Okay, did you get all that? Anyway~thanks again Amy!!!!

Back to my bloggy mess:

I think I was saying something like my blog just ain't what I want it to be!!! So many post plans, so little time. Ahhhhh!

The extra time I had planned for spicing up my blog has been replaced by something else. An unexpected something else. A truly wonderful-opportunity-something else!

As of about 4 months ago, I was invited to become a reviewer for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine and website! It is exciting, challenging and I really do enjoy it. There has been some added stress in my life, I admit. This is the first time since my school days that I have deadlines to meet and papers to write. While I love my new "job" it does take time away from the blog world.

So, that's what I've been up to. Reviewing in my "free" time instead of blogging. Speaking of that, I've got a big one due soon. Better get crackin'!

I hope to get my act somewhat together so I can achieve my bloggy goals, but I will just have to fit it in when I can.

God bless all of you who still read my mindless twaddle!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ah Thanks for the sweet words! I LOVED meeting you and I am so glad you are enjoying your new (well sorta new!) blog look! I am not too excited about how I look in that picture but whatever!! I am still glad you posted it because I LOVED that we were able to meet and spend time together!

I know exactly what mean about being in a sort of blogging slump! I am too!!

Ames said...

Blogging slump...that's me too! Well that has always been me. Maybe I should rename my blog to that becasue I am sure that is how it will always be with me. hehe

I have enjoyed getting to know you. You have inspired me in so many ways and I have made some life changes just from meeting you. Thanks for all your help and advice.

I am really interested in reading your reviews that you are doing for the magazine. I looked on their web page for "product reviews" but came up short. I couldn't find anything. When you get a chance send me a link, if you have one. I am already thinking about what I am going to do next year for our homeschooling. The first year has seamed a little slow and boring (although still a great year). I am looking for ways to spice up some learning for the boys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...