Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kinda Krusty

Pin It Now! I am not a crustacean fan. I think they are kinda gross. The way they look. The way they smell. Those eye stalk things on crabs and lobsters freak me out, and I would NEVER even dream of eating one. Sick. The thought turns my stomach sour. And I don't like watching people eat them either. Shrimp remind me of large grubs, so that's definitely a NO.

But...

That's what we're studying in science right now. I thought the Red Crabs of Christmas Island were neat.


Images below:

The kids had to design their own crustacean board game complete with questions and all. Shiloh found Lincoln Log people to use as pawns. We had fun playing, and I was surprised at how much they remembered from the lesson. :)

Also, we added to the ocean boxes last week: red crab for Shiloh, hermit crab for Mullin and a fiddler crab for Lincoln.










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...