Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Three Day Cookie Endeavor

Pin It Now! Day 1: Make dough, then refrigerate overnight.

Day 2: Roll out and cut dough into cute Christmas shapes.

Day 3: Frost and decorate.


By day 3 I am a little bit grumpy and asking myself for the umpteenth time, "Why do I do this every year?" Baking these cookies is no easy task, and it can get kinda messy. And my mid-back is usually on fire from slightly bending over and being on my feet in the kitchen for hours at a time. Ugh.

HOW DO BAKERS DO THIS FOR A LIVING?

I remember the very first year I attempted to make the dough and cut out the shapes on my own. Let's just say I became quite angry and frustrated. But since then, I have mastered the art of working with this Prize Sugar Cookie dough recipe that's been passed down through the generations on my mom's side. The old-fashioned, silver cookie cutters shown in these pictures used to be my grandma's. :)

So, beside the fact that my grandma made these cookies and my mom made these cookies every single Christmas, I make these cookies because of these sweet, little faces. (Well, and I absolutely love to eat them!)









Startin' to get a bit messy...


But, everyone is having a good time. Memories are being made. And one day I will pass my grandma's cookie cutters on to my children. :)






Mullin, who is always thinking of ways to be generous, took all of his freshly decorated cookies to his friend down the street.


**Maybe next year I won't double the recipe!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...