Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Pumpkin Cantaloupe

Pin It Now!
I just thought this was so weird--it's shaped exactly like a pumpkin. :)

This is the first summer for us to grow cantaloupe. It's cute and very sweet, especially made for small gardens. Our first few were perfectly round, but I have found a couple just like this. Mullin and I are the only ones who will actually eat it, but I sneaked some in our smoothies today and no one noticed.

I am beginning to get fruit split and have heard it can be from too much water?? But if I don't water everyday out here in desert land, the leaves start to wilt. I love gardening and it can be very rewarding, but it can also be so dern frustrating!!!!


1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

That is crazy- never seen a canteloupe shaped like that! We are trying our hand at gardening this summer. It's a first go 'round for us. We are just excited to see fruit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...