Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Memories

Pin It Now! Seems like yesterday when my two sweet boys made teeny, tiny hand prints on plates for Mother's Day. But... that was in 2003

Seems like yesterday when I had my first Mother's Day with my daughter. Those same two sweet, little boys proudly presented me with breakfast and a card. But... that was in 2006.






Oh my goodness! It is so hard to believe that I am celebrating my 10th Mother's Day! (If you count the one when I was pregnant with Mullin.) I have said it before and I will say it again, "The days are long, but the years are SHORT!"

Mommy and Lincoln--This sweet boy brought me breakfast while I was getting ready for church this morning. (It consisted of a piece of bread with honey and a cup of orange juice.) :)


Mommy and Shiloh--This precious cutie-pie has been telling me "Happy Birthday" all week. I guess she has yet to figure out the whole Mother's Day holiday.



Mommy and Mullin. This thoughtful child spent his own money to buy me a gift. He even picked it out himself. I had mentioned a few times that I wanted a garden gnome. Why? Well that is a secret. :) Anyway, he couldn't have picked out a more perfect one--I absolutely love it!!!


While I spent the afternoon at Starbucks with my mom, my sweet husband was slaving over a delicious dinner!! Tasty, colorful pork and beef kabobs, Pawpaw's heart-attack potatoes, and for dessert, French Silk Pie --yum!!!

Thank you to my wonderful family for a special day!

5 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Sounds like a lovely day and a great family. You are a blessed woman.

Unknown said...

WOW! What a lovely recap of the day and those kiddos are beautiful just like mom!

I have been catching up on blogs and have read your last few posts. What a glorious time you are having there. Life is funny, and full!

I was wondering if you are on the MOH yahoo groups? If you aren't, consider it. They have helped me gather some great ideas from those that have done it already AND I get to meet people doing it now. Just a thought.

We are doing Vol I now so maybe by the time I get through III she will release #4? I don't know if I could stand waiting! :)

Take care and enjoy your week!
PS...we are heading to AZ in June! We are very excited...one major stop will be to the Science Museum in Phoenix!!!!!

Terri said...

Your dinner looks delicious. Don't you just love the excitement that kids have. I'm thinking that since they love it so much, we should have Mother's Day twice in a year!! :)

Ally said...

That was such special treatment you got. Glad you had such a good day!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Lincoln biting the plate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...