Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Shhh. All is calm. Christ has come.

Pin It Now! He hasn't come to wage war on retailers. He hasn't come to battle Santa Claus or debate whether or not the fir tree is a pagan symbol. He hasn't come to argue with local governments over creches and menorahs in the public square.

The government, after all, is on His shoulders. He is ruler. He is Lord, and He has come to set his people free.

*Excerpt from Key Life article, "Come to the Quiet" by Nancy Kennedy.



Every now and then I need a gentle invitation to just relax, be still and focus on Him, especially during the holiday season when I am surrounded by nothing but hustle and bustle.
I am definitely no Scrooge. Although my hubby may disagree since I refuse to put our trees up and listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving!! Personally, I absolutely LOVE the Christmas season: the decorating, baking, shopping, presents, music, lights, wrapping and anything and everything else that goes along with Christmas!! Sometimes, though, I can get so "wrapped up" in all of the external stuff, that the stress creeps in or as in my case crashes in like a huge tidal wave. It can be easy to lose sight of what all this celebrating is about. It is Christ and that is it. I have to remind myself that Christmas would still be Christmas without all of that other stuff, even though I really enjoy all of that other stuff.
Peace to you as we enter this Holy holiday season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, I've got you reading my KeyLife propaganda! The end must be near.

Nice excerpt, by the way.

AJ said...

I couldn't agree with you more, word for word!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...