Thursday, August 30, 2007

Think Before You Touch

Pin It Now! Prepare to be sicked out!!Mullin bought a Disgusting Science kit with his birthday $, and this is his first experiment.
We prepared petri dishes and took samples from various places. Then we watched what grew for about 12 days. Do you really want to know where the samples came from??

From left to right: bathroom sink, inside of mouth, coin, bottom of a shoe

The money and bottom of shoe started growing nasty stuff almost immediately! Nice to know that my cleaning efforts haven't gone completely to waste.

Hopefully my family can appreciate and respect our "no shoes on in the house" rule a little more after seeing this!! (Well, you can only wear "inside" shoes--it is a must on all tile floors)

I had thought of taking samples from a library book and Shiloh's passy but didn't think I would be able to bear the results. What you don't know can't hurt ya, right?

3 comments:

not up to code said...

Germs build the immune system. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Brandi said...

Yeah, yeah I know, but there are just some germs I don't want in my house, like the public bathroom scuzz on the bottom of my shoe germ. That one I want to stay outside!!

Anonymous said...

Love the science project. It is best is we don't know everything, I think! Anyways, thanks for inquiring about my studies. I have published 2 of them. The first is called "Proverbs and Principles for Parenting Practically Perfect Progeny." It is a very practical look at the book of Proverbs and how to live by them and teach them to the next generation.

The second study is on II Timothy called "Run Well, Finish Strong." It is about handing down your faith to your children.

Both studies are written as 10 week Bibles studies to do alone or in small group settings. I also have 10 cds and dvds to accompany both studies. About 8 chruches are now doing my studies with the DVDs. Who knew?!?!

If you are interested in ordering any of the above resources the books are $14.95, the cds are $60.00 and the dvds are $125.00 for the 10 week set. Shipping and handling is extra but I will be happy to mail you anything you are interested in. You can get more information writing me at jean@standingnearthecross.com. Blessings as your raise up your little ones for the kingdom of God. Jean

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...